Course Forum: Adobe Photoshop
You can view this tutorials to know how to create new documents in Photoshop cc and how to work with presets in Photoshop.
Creating A New Photoshop Document
Access the New Document dialog
- Launch Photoshop.
- Do one of the following:
- Use the following keyboard shortcut:
- (Mac) Cmd+N
- (Windows) Ctrl+N
- Select File > New.
- Click New or Start New in the Start workspace.
- Right-click the tab for an open document and choose New Document from the in-context menu.
Blank Document Presets in Photoshop
Blank Document Presets are blank documents with predefined dimensions and settings. Presets make designing for specific device form factors or use cases easier. For example, you can use a preset to quickly start designing for the iPad Pro. Blank document presets have predefined size, color mode, unit, orientation, positioning, and resolution settings. You can modify these settings before creating a document using the preset.
Templates and presets are categorized into these sets:
- Art & Illustration
- Film & Video
Modify presets in Photoshop
Before opening a document using the preset, you can modify its settings in the right pane.
- Specify a file name for the new document.
- Specify the following options for the selected preset:
- To specify the following extra options, click Advanced Options.
- Click Create to open a document with the preset settings.
Use the legacy File New experience in Photoshop
Although not recommended, you can disable the latest New Document experience and revert to the File New experience that Photoshop provided by default (in versions CC 2015.5 and earlier).
Finally, if you’re a long-time Photoshop user, you may feel like the redesigned New Document dialog box in Photoshop CC is a bit too much. Personally, I’ve grown to like it, but if you prefer the old style dialog box, you can easily switch back to it using Photoshop’s Preferences.
5.00 average based on 1 rating
- Best way for create new documents in Photoshop using the redesigned New Document dialog box in Photoshop CC.